Traveler’s Cheques Mean Peace of Mind
- Protect your travel money. Travelers Cheques can be refunded if they’re lost or stolen, so you can get your money back quickly, 24/7. The refund usually happens within 24 hours if lost or stolen.
- Protect yourself against identity theft. If they’re lost or stolen, don’t worry—Travelers Cheques aren’t tied to your bank account or any personal information.
- Save money compared to other payment methods. Unlike using an ATM, there are no withdrawal fees. You can easily cash in your Cheques for local currency wherever you are.
- Make budgeting easier. Spend a fixed amount by only using Travelers Cheques.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Accepted at thousands of locations worldwide.
- Never expire.
Travelers Cheques are easy to use—and are a safe way to protect your money whenever you travel.
- We carry single and dual signature American Express® Travelers Cheques.
Traveler’s cheques fees are based on your member relationship. See our fee schedule for applicable fees.
How to Use Traveler’s Cheques
Sign – As soon as possible, sign your name in the upper left corner to help protect yourself in case of loss or theft.
Record – Write down your serial numbers and keep them with you when you travel, separate from your Travelers Cheques.
Protect – Safeguard your Travelers Cheques as you would cash.
Use – To pay, sign your Travelers Cheques in the lower left-hand corner in front of the person accepting your Cheques.
Build your relationship with Miami Firefighters FCU. With our Member Rewards program the more you use your credit union for loans, checking and savings accounts, the more your credit union prospers and grows and this means more and better services and pricing for you.