As your financial services provider, we are fully committed to your future and to providing financial solutions that help you thrive. We take the time to get to know you and to understand your personal situation. That’s why we have created a wide variety of products to meet all of your financial needs. From setting up your first Savings Account, to getting you into that perfect car, to planning for retirement— improving the financial life of each of our members is our priority.
A Share (Savings) account is the basic account that establishes you as a member and owner of the credit union. An opening deposit of $5 represents your ownership “share” of the credit union. Once you join the credit union, you will always be a member, even if you leave your job, retire or move out of the area. As long as you keep your account open, you will be able to enjoy the many rewards of being a Miami Firefighters FCU member.
Plus, with our member rewards program the more you use your credit union for loans, checking and savings accounts, the more your credit union prospers and grows and this means more and better services and pricing for you.
Whatever your financial needs may be, Miami Firefighters FCU has a wide variety of products and services to fit the needs of all its members.
Choosing the right checking account can save you hundreds of dollars and depending on your member relationship you can benefit from lower or no fees and better services. See Member Rewards for more details.
Our checking account is one of the best values around:
- FREE Visa® Debit Card – Access your account anywhere Visa® is accepted or through an ATM
- FREE eStatements
- FREE Online Banking access and online Bill Pay
- FREE Mobile Banking account access
- FREE Fireline (telephone) account access
- UNLIMITED check writing and online check images
- No minimum balance requirements
Low monthly service fee that can be avoided if you meet either of the following criteria:
$3,000 or more in household or loan balances or Direct Deposit of $200 or more per month and 5 transactions per month.
- No per check charges
- Convenient Courtesy Pay – this is an optional service that protects overdrawing your account
- FREE Notary Service
Accounts will be charged the standard Courtesy Pay Fee of $35 for handling each overdraft created by check, ACH, in-person withdrawal, or other electronic item that is paid. If you have Extended Coverage Point-of-Sale and ATM withdrawals paid will be charged a $35 fee, and $35 for items returned. An overdrawn balance must be repaid within 32 days. We may not pay items under your Courtesy Pay if you do not maintain your account in good standing by bringing your account to a positive balance within every thirty-two (32) day period for a minimum of one business day, if you default on any loan or other obligation to Miami Firefighters FCU, or if your account is subject to any legal or administrative order or levy.
Money Market Checking
All the benefits of a money market account with the convenience of check writing and Visa® debit card access.
There is no minimum balance required to open the account however a minimum balance of $10,000 is required to earn dividends. Your money is always accessible – no early withdrawal penalties. You also have the ability to make deposits through direct deposit, payroll deduction, account transfers from your credit union accounts, by mail or in person.
Senior (50+) Accounts
As an added benefit to your membership the credit union will give one FREE box of standard checks (ecds) per year to all 50 and older members.
Overdraft Coverage Options
Options for Covering Unexpected Overdrafts
Life happens! Miami Firefighters FCU understands that unexpected overdrafts occur from time to time – Overdraft Coverage can help.
Overdraft Coverage Options
The choice is yours. Consider these ways to cover overdrafts:
|Overdraft Protection Link to Another Deposit Account you have at Miami Firefighters FCU1||No Fee|
|Courtesy Pay||$35.00 Courtesy Pay Fee per item|
1Call us at (305) 324-4004, email us at email@example.com, or come by our office to sign up for these services.
Overdraft Protection services apply to all transactions and may help prevent overdrafts by automatically transferring funds to your checking account from another account.
Courtesy Pay allows you to overdraw your account up to the disclosed limit for a fee in order to pay a transaction. Even if you have overdraft protection, Courtesy Pay is still available as secondary coverage if the other protection source is exhausted. Please review the “What Else You Should Know” section at the bottom of this page for other important information.
Transactions Covered with Courtesy Pay
Standard Coverage (No action required)
Extended Coverage (Your consent required)*
|ACH – Auto Debits||X||X|
|Recurring Debit Card Payments||X||X|
|Online Bill Pay Items||X||X|
|Internet Banking Transfers||X||X|
|Teller Window Transactions||X||X|
|Everyday Debit Card Transactions||X*|
If you would like to select Extended Coverage for future transactions:
- call us at (305) 324-4004
- complete the online Extended Coverage Consent Form (new window/tab)
- visit our office
- complete the enclosed consent form and mail it to us at 1111 NW 7th St Miami, FL 33136
- e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*If you choose Extended Coverage, ATM withdrawals and everyday debit card transactions will be included with the transactions listed under Standard Coverage.
You can discontinue the Courtesy Pay in its entirety by contacting us at (305) 324-4004 or sending us an e-mail at email@example.com.
What Else You Should Know
- A link to another account may be a less expensive option than an overdraft. A single larger overdraft will result in just one fee, as opposed to multiple smaller overdrafts. Good account management is the best way to avoid overdrafts. Use our mobile banking, Internet banking, and telephone banking services to keep track of your balance. For additional financial education resources, please visit www.mymoney.gov.
- The $35 Courtesy Pay Fee that is charged if you overdraw your account more than $10 is the same fee amount that is charged if a check is returned as unpaid. If multiple items overdraw your account on the same day, each item will be assessed an appropriate Courtesy Pay Fee or a Return Fee of $35. All fees and charges will be included as part of the Courtesy Pay limit amount. Your account may become overdrawn more than the Courtesy Pay limit amount because of a fee.
- For consumer accounts, there is no limit on the total Courtesy Pay Fees per day we will charge. We will not charge a Courtesy Pay Fee if an account is overdrawn by $10 or less.
- This describes the posting order for purposes of determining overdrafts. Our general policy is to post items throughout the day and to post credits before debits. ACH debits are posted in the order in which it’s received; while paper checks, ATM, and debit card transactions are posted in serial number order. However, because of the many ways we allow you to access your account, the posting order of individual items may differ from these general policies. Holds on funds (described herein) and the order in which transactions are posted may impact the total amount of Courtesy Pay Fees or Return Fees assessed.
- Although under payment system rules, Miami Firefighters FCU may be obligated to pay some unauthorized debit card transactions, Miami Firefighters FCU will not authorize debit card or ATM transactions unless there are available funds (including Overdraft Coverage Options) to cover the transactions and any fee(s).
- Giving us your consent to pay every day debit card and ATM overdrafts on your consumer account (Extended Coverage) may result in you incurring Courtesy Pay Fees for transactions that we would otherwise be required to pay without assessing a Courtesy Pay Fee. However, this would allow us to authorize transactions up to the amount of your Courtesy Pay limit and may also help you avoid overdrafts in excess of your available balance that could result in suspension of your debit card. If you consent to Extended Coverage on your consumer account, it will remain on your account until you otherwise withdraw it.
- Miami Firefighters FCU authorizes and pays transactions using the available balance in your account. Miami Firefighters FCU may place a hold on deposited funds in accordance with our Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosure, which will reduce the amount in your available balance. The available balance for checks, ACH items, and recurring debit card transactions is comprised of the ledger balance, less any holds on deposited funds and any debit card holds, plus the amount of the Courtesy Pay limit and any available overdraft protection. The available balance for ATM and everyday debit card transactions on accounts with Standard Coverage is the ledger balance, less any holds on deposited funds and any debit card holds, plus any available overdraft protection, but does NOT include the Courtesy Pay Limit. For accounts with Extended Coverage, the Courtesy Pay Limit is included in the available balance for authorizing ATM and everyday debit card transactions.
- Please be aware that the Courtesy Pay amount is not included in your available balance provided through online banking or mobile banking.
- Miami Firefighters FCU will place a hold on your account for any authorized debit card transaction until the transaction settles (usually within two business days) or as permitted by payment system rules. In some cases, the hold may exceed the amount of the transaction. When the hold ends, the funds will be added to the available balance in your account. If your account is overdrawn after the held funds are added to the available balance and the transaction is posted to the available balance, a Courtesy Pay Fee may be assessed.
- Except as described herein, Miami Firefighters FCU will not pay items if your account does not contain available funds (including the Courtesy Pay limit) to cover the item(s) and the amount of any fee(s).
- Miami Firefighters FCU may suspend your debit card if you incur overdrafts in excess of the available balance in your account, including any Courtesy Pay limit (as described herein). Debit cards on your account will remain suspended until you make sufficient deposits so that your available balance, taking into account any Courtesy Pay limit, is positive and then you contact us.
- Miami Firefighters FCU may also suspend your debit card if your account is overdrawn more than 32 consecutive calendar days. Debit cards on your account will remain suspended until you make sufficient deposits so that your account balance is positive.
- Miami Firefighters FCU may also suspend your debit card if we are unable to contact you due to an incorrect mailing address or Phone Number(s). You must contact us with your correct mailing address and/or Phone Number(s) to have your debit card reinstated.
- If your debit card is suspended, you will be unable to use your debit card for purchases or to access your account at the ATM, and if you use your debit card for recurring payments, e.g., utilities, you are responsible to make other arrangements for your recurring debit payment(s).
- A Courtesy Pay limit of $1,000 will be granted to eligible consumer and business checking accounts once you have been a member for at least 60 days in good standing.
- Courtesy Pay is not a line of credit; it is a discretionary overdraft service that can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
- Courtesy Pay may be discontinued if you default on any loan or other obligation to us, your account becomes subject to any legal or administrative order or levy, or if you fail to maintain your account in good standing by not bringing your account to a positive balance within 32 days for a minimum of one business day. You must bring your account balance positive for at least one business day to have Courtesy Pay reinstated.
- Depositor and each Authorized Signatory will continue to be liable, jointly and severally, for all overdraft and fee amounts, as described in the Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosure. The total (negative) balance, including all fees and charges, is due and payable upon demand.
If you have any questions about Overdraft Protection or Courtesy Pay, please call us at (305) 324-4004 or visit our office.
Money Market Accounts
Our Money Market account is a liquid account that earns a higher dividend than a regular share (savings) account. This tiered account gives you higher earning potential based on the balance you maintain.
There is no minimum balance required to open the account however a minimum balance of $50 is required to earn dividends. Your money is always accessible – no early withdrawal penalties. You also have the ability to make deposits through direct deposit, payroll deduction, account transfers from your credit union accounts, by mail or in person.
A Share Certificate is an account where funds are deposited for a pre-determined length of time. In exchange for agreeing to leave your money with us for this set time-period, you may earn a higher yield than on a regular share savings account.
Investing in a Share Certificate is ideal for members who want their money to grow at a higher rate than a regular share savings account. Share Certificate terms range from 6 to 60 months with a minimum deposit of $1,000.
At maturity, certificates automatically renew for the same term, at the current rate, unless you instruct us otherwise during the renewal period. Dividends are compounded and credited monthly. The amount of dividends earned will be shown on your statement. Dividends may be deposited directly into a specified account or rolled into the certificate.
Don’t want to lock up all your deposits all at once?
LADDER your Share Certificates so they mature at different times.
Building your ladder is simple. The key is to divide your money evenly and open a group of Share Certificates with staggered terms and maturity dates. This way you will have access to a portion of your funds every few months as your Share Certificates mature.
For Example, if you have $120,000 to invest, break it into ten 2 year certificates of $10,000 each staggered to mature every 2 months. Your will earn a higher APY* and still have $10,000 available every 2 months to use or reinvest.
Early withdrawals may be subject to a penalty1 and may reduce your earnings. Contact the credit union for further details.
*APY – Annual Percentage Yield. The annual percentage yield is a percentage rate that reflects the total amount of dividends to be paid on an account based on the dividend rate and frequency of compounding for an annual period. For all accounts, the dividend rate and annual percentage yield may change at any time as determined by the Credit Union’s Board of Directors. Fees may reduce earnings.
1-View our Share Certificate Disclosure for specifics.
Easy to Open
To open a share certificate simply call the credit union at 305.324.4004 or 1.800.615.1161.
Review our most current rates.
IRAs are a great way to save for a comfortable, secure retirement, pay for higher education or buy a first home. Whatever fits your needs, we offer all three plans including the Traditional, Roth and Educational IRAs.
Funds deposited in a Traditional IRA are free from federal taxes until you take the money out at retirement. The funds may also be tax-deductible, so check with your tax advisor.*
With a Roth IRA, your contributions are made with after-tax dollars, and your withdrawals after retirement are tax-free, providing you conform to the plan requirements.*
Your income, tax bracket, years until retirement and other factors will help determine if a Roth or traditional IRA is best for you. Ask your tax advisor for assistance.*
Because college is getting more and more expensive, a Coverdell IRA is a great way to save for a child’s higher education. You may contribute up to $2,000 a year in an account to pay for qualified expenses at an eligible institution. Contributions to a Coverdell IRA are made in after-tax dollars; however, the credit union dividends are not taxed, and there is no tax on withdrawals used for education.*
Traditional Certificates, Roth Certificates and Educational IRA Certificates are available from 6 to 60 month terms with a minimum deposit of $1,000 and competitive dividend rates.
*Consult your tax advisor for details regarding your specific situation.
Visa Debit/ATM Card
Use your Visa® Check Card to pay for goods and services wherever Visa® is accepted at stores, online, over the phone, etc. Using the card makes shopping with your checking account as hassle-free as using a credit card. Present the card to any vendor that accepts Visa® and the purchase amount is deducted from your checking account. You can also access your money fee free at Presto (Publix), CU24, CU Here, and MoneyPass ATMs.
Additional benefits of your Visa® Check Card:
- Easy to use—more readily accepted than checks (especially out of state or in another country1).
- Great for travel1—frees you from carrying large amounts of cash.
- No monthly or Point-of-Sale transaction fees.
- Complete transaction record with your monthly statement.
- Using the card as a Debit card and entering your PIN allows you to get cash back from most merchants
To order your debit card, call Member Services at 305.324.4004 or toll-free at 1.800.426.3324
To report a lost or stolen Visa Debit Card, please call 1.800.472.3272
1If you plan to travel outside of your normal spending area, contact our Member Services Call Center 305.324.4004 or toll-free at 1.800.426.3324 prior to your trip, to ensure your card will work properly.
Direct Deposit is the electronic transfer of your paycheck, Social Security benefit, pension, annuity check, or other payment into your account.
Why stand in line to deposit a check when the credit union can do it for you hassle-free? You can have your paycheck, Social Security or retirement check, or other recurring payment automatically deposited to your credit union account. Direct Deposit can help you save time, save money and is a convenient way to ensure your funds are available as soon as possible. Your entire paycheck can be distributed in any combination to your accounts each pay period including automatically making loan payments.
Enjoy the numerous benefits from Direct Deposit:
- Convenience – Having your paycheck directly deposited into to your checking or savings account eliminates the need for you to visit the credit union or a service center location to deposit your paycheck each pay period.
- Quicker funds availability – Direct deposits allows access to your money the same day it’s deposited, making it faster.
- Reliability – When you are absent or on vacation, you will not need to make special arrangements to obtain your paycheck; it will automatically be directed to your account.
- Promotes savings – By having your paycheck directly deposited to your account you will automatically receive a 0.25% discount on all consumer loans. You will also save on the gas that you would normally consume by driving to the credit union or a service center.
Let your employer know you’re interested in signing up for direct deposit.
When you choose to have your paycheck deposited to your checking account, you simply provide your employer with your complete account number and our routing number (266080372), which is located on the bottom of your account checks. If you don’t have checks please contact the credit union for your account number.
Account # sample for ACH debits and credits:
If your account was opened before 06/2009
8 digit account number (12340000) – Your account number will be 901 + 5 zeros + 6 digit account number (drop last two zeros). Example: 90100000123400 = 14 digits.
8 digit account number (12345000) – Your account number will be 901 + 5 zeros + 6 digit account number (drop last two zeros). Example: 90100000123450 = 14 digits.
8 digit account number (12345600) – Your account number will be 901 + 5 zeros + 6 digit account number (drop last two zeros). Example: 90100000123456 = 14 digits.
8 digit account number (12345670) – Your account number will be 901 + 3 zeros + 8 digit account number. Example: 90100012345670 = 14 digits.
7 digit account number (1234000) – Your account number will be 901 + 6 zeros + 5 digit account number (drop last 2 zeros). Example: 90100000012340 = 14 digits.
7 digit account number (1234500) – Your account number will be 901 + 6 zeros + 5 digit account number (drop last 2 zeros). Example: 90100000012345 = 14 digits.
7 digit account number (1234560) – Your account number will be 901 + 4 zeros + 7 digit account number. Example: 90100001234560 = 14 digits.
6 digit account number (123400) – Your account number will be 901 + 7 zeros + 4 digit account number (drop last 2 zeros). Example: 90100000001234 = 14 digits.
If your account was opened after 06/2009
Your account number will be 901 + 3 zeros + 8 digit account number. Example: 90100012345678 = 14 digits.
If you choose to have your paycheck deposited to a credit union savings account, provide your employer with your complete (8 digit) savings account number and routing number (266080372). You can find your savings account number on your monthly statement or through your online banking account listing.
Employer Direct Deposit Authorization Forms Link
List of Websites for Government Offices
The most convenient way to handle your accounts and gain peace of mind!
This service allows you to take a portion of your paycheck and have it automatically transferred to any credit union accounts you choose. Payroll deduction is also a convenient way to make loan payments and if you sign up for payroll deduction you will automatically receive a 0.25% discount on all consumer loans.
If you are an employee of one of our select fire departments, contact us to sign-up for payroll deduction. Otherwise, let your employer know you’re interested in signing up for payroll deduction. Then once that is arranged contact member services and let them know what transfers you would like to have done automatically each paycheck.
Build your relationship with Miami Firefighters FCU. With our Member Rewards program the more you use your credit union for loans, checking and savings accounts, the more your credit union prospers and grows and this means more and better services and pricing for you.
Your accounts are federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. See NCUA Calculator (new window/tab) for more information.