Visa® Credit Cards
When it comes to choosing a credit card, the decision is easy. With a Miami Firefighters FCU Visa®card you don’t have to choose between a low rate or a card that earns rewards as you spend. You can carry one card to serve all your needs.
- 0.00% APR introductory rate for 6 months from account opening
- Low 10.90% APR * Non-Variable rate on purchases thereafter
- No annual fee
- No cash advance fee
- No balance transfer fee
- No Penalty Rate
- 25 day grace period
Plus, every time you use your credit union Visa® credit card to shop, you will receive one point for every dollar you spend. ScoreCard Rewards points are good towards free travel, merchandise or gift cards.
View your ScoreCard (new window/tab) points.
If you don’t have our Visa® credit card then you are missing out on a great benefit so apply today!
Apply for your Visa® credit card now or you may also call us at your convenience at 305.324.4004 or stop by our office.
Do you know what rate you’re paying for your credit cards? Chances are your rate is higher than you thought if your cards are with other lenders.
Transfer those high rate balances to your Miami Firefighters credit union’s Visa®
- 0% APR* rate for six months after the transfer – regardless of when your credit card was opened
- A low 10.9% APR* non-variable rate (after the 6 month 0% introductory APR*)
- Pay NO balance transfer fees
- Plus, balance transfers are considered purchases not cash advances
- NO annual fee
- No penalty rate
Transfer you balance to your existing Miami Firefighters FCU Visa® and stop paying expensive finance charges on credit cards from other lenders.
The process is easy:
- Simply call the number on the back of your Visa® card,
- Have the statement or payment coupon of the credit card you want to transfer available (*The credit card number on your card may not be the account number that needs to be paid off so make sure you have your statement/coupon)
- Give all information to the representative
- Allow 10 days for the transfer to be processed
If you don’t have our card apply today or stop by our office.
* Annual Percentage Rate. Subject to credit union lending guidelines.
EMV – Chip Credit Cards
To enhance security and help protect member information, your Miami Firefighter FCU credit cards now feature EMV ‘Chip’ Technology.
‘Chip’ cards will contain information programmed for your account. Each transaction that you make with your card generates a unique code, adding an extra layer of security against fraud.
Since not all merchants have yet installed chip-enabled terminals, your chip card will continue to have a magnetic stripe on the back. That way, if a merchant’s terminal or an ATM is not yet ‘chip’-enabled, your transaction can still be processed by swiping the magnetic stripe just like you do now.
Credit Card Consolidation
Trying to find ways to fit your credit card payments into your budget? Tired of paying excessive bank credit card interest rates and late fees? Think making payments for 25-30 years to pay off your credit card balances is TOO LONG!!!
Miami Firefighters FCU has specifically created a loan product to help members stop using their expensive credit cards and pay-down their existing unsecured high-interest debt at a fair rate! Our credit card (debt) consolidation loan allows you to combine your credit cards into a closed end signature loan at a fixed low rate and flexible terms. Since the rate is lower it means the payments are usually lower than you are currently making and instead of paying on your credit card for 25-30 years you will have the entire balance paid off in 3-5 years!
Why pay higher interest and make more payments each month than you have to?
- Rate as low as 8.00% APR*
- Borrow up to $20,000**
- Convenient payments through payroll deduction or automatic transfer
Apply for your loan now or you may also call us at your convenience at 305.324.4004 or stop by our office.
*APR – Annual Percentage Rate. Loan rates, which are subject to change without notice, may vary with respect to your credit history.
** The maximum MFFCU unsecured indebtedness of $20,000 per member is inclusive of any Visa credit limit. Credit Union loans are granted on the basis of credit worthiness, ability to repay.
Build your relationship with Miami Firefighters FCU. With our Member Rewards program the more you use your credit union for loans, checking and savings accounts, the more your credit union prospers and grows and this means more and better services and pricing for you.