Products and Services
Products & Services No matter what your need may be Miami Firefighters FCU offers a wide variety of services to make your banking fast, easy and extremely convenient.
FireLine is a free service that allows you to access your account with any touch-tone telephone, 24 hours a day.
With FireLine you can:
- Check balances on your accounts
- Verify cleared checks, ATM, Visa Debit Card and other transactions
- Access Account history
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Check loan balances
- Make loan payments
To use FireLine, Dial 1.800.724.7475 and follow the directions.
For convenient access online or through your mobile phone and for additional remote access services enroll in Online Banking.
Visa + Apple Pay.
Pay confidently with Visa.
Now you can enjoy all the benefits of your Miami Firefighters FCU Visa® Credit or Debit card using Apple Pay™
Set up is Simple
To add your card to Apple Pay:
- On iPhone,® open the Wallet app and tap the plus sign. From there, follow the onscreen instructions.
- On Apple Watch,™ open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and select “Wallet & Apple Pay,” then tap “Add Credit or Debit Card.” From there, follow the onscreen instructions.
- On iPad,® go into Settings, open “Wallet & Apple Pay,” and select “Add Credit or Debit Card.” From there, follow the onscreen instructions.
Paying is easy and secure
To pay within stores, hold the iPhone near the contactless reader with your finger on Touch ID.™ On Apple Watch, just double-click the side button and hold the display of your Apple Watch up to the contactless reader. To pay within apps on iPhone and iPad, select Apple Pay as the payment method and place your finger on Touch ID.
Accepted at merchants where you see both of these icons:
Learn more about about Apple Pay
*Apple Pay works with iPhone 6 and later and Apple Watch in stores, and iPhone 6 and later, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 3 and later within apps. For a list of compatible Apple Pay devices, see www.apple.com/apple-pay
Your Visa card + Google Pay™
Confidence. Simplicity. And the things you love about your Miami Firefighters FCU Visa credit or debit card.
Getting started is as easy as:
- Download the Google Pay app
- Add your Miami Firefighters FCU Visa Credit or Debit Card – it’s as simple as snapping a photo
- Pay confidently at millions of places around the world.
Use it today
There’s a lot to love about Google Pay. Like how it lets you use your favorite Visa card at millions of places around the world. See stores and apps that accept Google Pay
Get extra layers of security
When you use your phone to pay in stores with an eligible Visa card enrolled in Google Pay, Google Pay doesn’t send your actual credit or debit card number with your payment. Instead, a virtual account number is used to represent your account information – so your account details stay safe.
Enjoy the confidence of paying with your phone using Visa and Google Pay
Your favorite Miami Firefighters FCU Visa credit or debit card on your favorite phone. Learn more about Google Pay.
Make Deposits with Your Smartphone!
Depositing checks is as simple as taking a snapshot. Use your iPhone or Android phone to take a picture of the front and back of the check – we’ll deposit the check amount directly into your account. With mobile check deposits, you can take us with you wherever you go – on the job, at home, or on vacation.
- Enjoy the benefits of mobile deposits:
- Save time and gas – no visits to our office or ATM to make a deposit
- Deposits can be made 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- It’s easy to use and secure
Now you can make your check deposits anytime, anywhere with a simple snap of your camera phone.
Deposits made before 4:00pm EST will be available after 7:30pm of the same night
Deposits made after 4:00pm EST, holidays or weekends will be available the next business day after 7:30pm.
When visiting our office to make a deposit just isn’t as convenient as you’d like, visit your computer for a fast, safe way to get your money into your account.
Save Time and Money with Bill Pay!
Online bill payment is convenient, secure and easier than writing and mailing paper checks. It will simplify your life because it works on your schedule 24/7!
Bill Pay Benefits
Our FREE online bill payment allows you to:
- Pay all your bills in one place
- Save money on stamps, envelopes, and paper.
- Schedule, change or cancel payments whenever you want
- Setup automatic recurring payments
- Review status and history of payments
Make paying your bills one less thing you worry about each month! Start using Bill Pay now through Miami Firefighters FCU Online Banking.
You must have an Online Banking account to have access to bill payment.
Account to Account (A2A) with another financial institution
A2A allows members to transfer funds to or from their Miami Firefighters FCU savings or checking account* to or from their accounts at different financial institutions.
- It is free.
- Avoid having to make a trip to a branch.
- The total time frame for each transfer is approximately 4-6 days.
- Members can perform 1 time or reoccurring transfers.
- Up to 18 months of A2A transfer history is retained on-line.
- View status of pending, in process and completed transfers.
Transferring funds is easy, simply:
- Add the accounts you want to transfer funds to/from by selecting “Bill Pay” and clicking on “Account to Account.” Go to “Add New Account.”
- Enter information about the account including the account number, type and the name on the account.
- To confirm ownership of the account, we will send three trial transactions via ACH. You will see two small deposits and one small withdrawal approximately 2 business days after you add the account.
- To finalize account confirmation, return to “A2A Accounts” and select the Confirm link to the right of the account. Enter the amount of the transactions and the account will be confirmed.
When you are ready to schedule a transfer, simply go to A2A transfers, choose the accounts, date and amount you wish to transfer and you’re done! The transfer will be done in two steps – first the money will be withdrawn from the funding account and then the money will be deposited in the receiving account. Transfers will be complete 4 – 6 business days after the scheduled date. You will receive notification when an external account is added and when a transfer fails.
*Members can only deposit/withdrawal from their lowest savings or checking account suffixes. Example: if you have a Regular Savings Account – Suffix 01 and a Money Market Savings – Suffix 05 you will only be able to transfers funds to/from Savings Account – Suffix 01 even if Money Market Savings – Suffix 05 shows up in the account drop down. The same applies if you have a Regular Checking Account – Suffix 75 and a Interest Checking – Suffix 70.
Go Paperless with Miami Firefighters FCU e-Statements. It’s quick, easy, secure and best of all it’s FREE!
e-Statements provide cost and resource savings to the credit union that are passed on to our members in the form of better rates, lower fees and improved services. Plus, when you sign up to receive your account statements online you save time, paper, trees and the environment.
Benefits of receiving e-Statements include:
- Get your statement at the beginning of each month – much sooner than waiting for it to arrive by mail. (You’ll be notified via email when your statement is ready to view.)
- Protect yourself from identity theft by eliminating statements from your mailbox.
- View last 12 months of statements on-line
- Get rid of the paper clutter – save your statements right on your computer for quick access whenever you need them.
Enroll today, it’s easy and remember it’s FREE. Just visit us online, sign in to Online Banking; select Self Service; then select e-Statements.
Many of our members have told us they use Quicken to keep track of their personal finances or have a business where they use QuickBooks. It’s like having a personal finance management helper. You can manage your money on the go across desktop + web + mobile. It can even help you manage your investments and – in a new feature – track the value of your home.
Our members asked us to make the transaction import process easier. We heard you! We are pleased to announce that we have implemented “Direct Connect” for both Quicken and QuickBooks.
Direct connect allows you to set up your on-line banking accounts to download transactions from our on-line banking system with “one click” to Quicken or QuickBooks. This makes reconciling your checkbook a breeze! It also allows you to categorize every transaction the first time you see it and then it will remember the correct budget category when the transaction re-occurs. This makes your tax preparation quick and easy at the end of the year.
If you have more than one MFFCU account you want to track, one click downloads will automatically take place for each account you have set up. To set up the account in Quicken highlight the account and right click. Choose Edit/Delete Account, select the online services tab. Click on the activate account and follow the instructions. In QuickBooks follow the instructions to add a bank feed.
All of our members have FREE access to thousands of surcharge-free ATMs nationwide.
To find the location of convenient ATMs near you, please use the links below.
Don’t forget that you can get cash back at the check-out at most local merchants and major retailers when you use your debit card with your PIN.
* A foreign ATM is any ATM that is not operated by Presto (Publix), CU24, CUHere or MoneyPass
A notary public (sometimes called a notary or a public notary) is an individual authorized by state or local government to officially witness signatures on legal documents, collect sworn statements and administer oaths. He or she uses an embossing tool to verify his or her presence at the time the documents were signed.
Certain legal documents are required to be ‘notarized’ in order to be recognized in court, so a notary public spends most of his or her time observing routine signatures. Because identities are critical, someone in this position may also spend some time verifying the names of the parties involved in the signing. Generally, all parties provide some form of official identification (driver’s license, birth certificate, passport, etc.) in order
for the notary public to feel comfortable about certifying the signatures.
We provide this service free of charge to all Miami Firefighters FCU members and no appointment is necessary. However, we recommend that you call us on the day you intend to arrive to make sure that a staff member will be available to assist you.
Wire transfers allow members to send money to almost anywhere in the world.
WARNING – Beware of cyber-crime!
Wire Fraud is an everyday concern. Always call to verify any wiring instructions received directly with the person that sent them to you.
Outgoing Wire Transfers
Outgoing wire transfers require complete wiring instructions from the receiving institution which should include the name, address, and ABA/routing number of the financial institution the funds are being wired to. The recipient’s name and account number are also required.
Outgoing wire transfers are processed from 7:30am to 3:00pm. Outgoing Wire transfer requests received after 3:00pm will be processed the following business day.
Incoming Wire Transfers
These wire instructions do not change. If you receive different instructions consider it suspect and call our office.
If you don’t follow the below instructions, your wire will be delayed or not received. Make sure your wire is not being sent to the routing number on your checkbook.
All incoming wires to accounts at Miami Firefighters FCU must be sent as follows:
To: Corporate America Credit Union
Address: 4365 Crescent Road Irondale, AL 35210
ABA/Routing #: 262090120
For Further Credit to: Miami Firefighters FCU
Account #: 266080372
For Final Credit to: Your Name and Account Number
Wire transfer fees are based on your member relationship. See our fee schedule for applicable fees.
A Safe Deposit Box is perfect for those members that would like to safely store valuables such as gemstones, precious metals, or important documents such as wills or property deeds that a person might feel afraid to leave at home due to fear of theft, fire, flood, tampering or other reasons.
- We offer five sizes of safe deposit boxes ranging from 3×5 to 10×10.
- Annual fees vary according to the box size. See our fee schedule for applicable fees.
- To check availability, please call 305.324.4004.
Looking for information or advice on financial topics?
Miami Firefighters FCU members have access to the BALANCE Financial Fitness Program.
With so many financial obligations and options, money management may seem difficult and confusing at times. That’s why we’ve partnered with BALANCE, a financial education and counseling service. that can help you get on track, review and improve your credit report, get out of debt, set up a spending and savings plan that works for you, or prepare to buy a home.
Call a BALANCE counselor at 1.888.456.2227 and let them know you are a Miami Firefighters Federal Credit Union member or visit the BALANCE website for more information about their financial fitness program.
BALANCE Financial Fitness Program
- Credit Report Review
- Money Management Counseling
- Debt Management
- Housing Education Program
- Identity Theft Solutions
- Financial Education
BALANCE takes the mystery and intimidation out of financial matters and is a resource you can look to whenever you have a question or need some sound advice.
Traveler’s Cheques Mean Peace of Mind
- Protect your travel money. Travelers Cheques can be refunded if they’re lost or stolen, so you can get your money back quickly, 24/7. The refund usually happens within 24 hours if lost or stolen.
- Protect yourself against identity theft. If they’re lost or stolen, don’t worry—Travelers Cheques aren’t tied to your bank account or any personal information.
- Save money compared to other payment methods. Unlike using an ATM, there are no withdrawal fees. You can easily cash in your Cheques for local currency wherever you are.
- Make budgeting easier. Spend a fixed amount by only using Travelers Cheques.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Accepted at thousands of locations worldwide.
- Never expire.
- Travelers Cheques are easy to use—and are a safe way to protect your money whenever you travel.
- We carry single and dual signature American Express® Travelers Cheques.
- Traveler’s cheques fees are based on your member relationship. See our fee schedule for applicable fees.
How to Use Traveler’s Cheques
Sign – As soon as possible, sign your name in the upper left corner to help protect yourself in case of loss or theft.
Record – Write down your serial numbers and keep them with you when you travel, separate from your Travelers Cheques.
Protect – Safeguard your Travelers Cheques as you would cash.
Use – To pay, sign your Travelers Cheques in the lower left-hand corner in front of the person accepting your Cheques.
Savings bonds are a reliable, low risk government-backed savings product that earns interest and is issued in a variety of denominations.
You may redeem savings bonds at Miami Firefighters FCU.
Savings bonds are debt securities issued by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to help pay for the U.S. government’s borrowing needs. U.S. savings bonds are considered one of the safest investments because they are backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government.
You can go online to purchase two types of electronic savings bonds. See below for details:
Series EE U.S. Savings Bonds are an appreciation-type (or accrual-type) savings security. They are sold at face value, so you’ll pay $50 for a $50 bond. The bond is worth its full value upon redemption. The interest is issued electronically to your designated account. You cannot buy more than $10,000 (face value) during any calendar year. If you redeem the bonds in the first five years of buying them, you’ll forfeit interest payments for the three most recent months. After five years, you won’t be penalized for redemptions.
Series I U.S. Savings Bonds are inflation-indexed. They are sold at face value, and you can buy up to $10,000 (face value) in any calendar year. Series I Bonds offer a fixed rate of interest, adjusted for inflation. As with Series EE Bonds, if you redeem Series I Bonds in the first five years, you’ll forfeit the three most recent months’ interest. After five years, you won’t be penalized for redemptions.
Key advantages of savings bonds include:
Popularity as gifts. Savings bonds are a popular birthday and graduation gift and also can be used toward financing education, supplemental retirement income, and other special events. Unlike other securities, minors may hold U.S. savings bonds in their own name.
Tax advantages. You pay no state or local taxes on the interest on the bonds, and you can defer paying federal taxes on the interest until you cash in the bond or until it matures. In addition, tax benefits are available for eligible taxpayers when Series EE and Series I savings bonds are used for qualified education expenses. Review the details on the education tax exclusion and the requirements to qualify.
You can buy these electronic savings bonds in penny increments, from $25 up to $10,000 each year. (In paper form, these bonds were only available in specific denominations.) For more on the switch to all-electronic savings bonds and on how to open a TreasuryDirect account, visit TreasuryDirect.gov. You can use its Savings Bond Calculator and compare the different types of securities issued by the Treasury.